Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8th- I wonder as I wander...

 I wonder as I wander
I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky
I’ll be really honest with you….I thought the song was saying “poor ornery people”.  But as I listened to the song…I think it really is “poor ordinary people”.  Well that’s true too but for our purposes today, I’m sticking with “ornery people”.  Are you ornery?  Do you even know what ornery means? Don't ask my husband if I'm ornery!  Dictionary.com defines ornery as; ugly and unpleasant in disposition or temper: stubborn.
Yep, know a few people like that….but if I’m really honest; that can be me. Ornery.  Ordinary too but definitely ornery at times!  Romans 5:6-11 give us a glimpse of just how “ornery” (and that’s putting it lightly) we were, at the right time when Jesus came to earth.
Romans 5:6-11 “6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.”
While we were helpless, ungodly sinners….”ornery” enemies of God.  At the right time, not anytime but at the exact right fullness of time Christ was born of a virgin, born underneath the Law, born under all the righteous requirements of God’s perfection….born to walk out His life in total faith to the Father and fulfill the law and then die for ordinary “ornery” people like us.  Wow.  Does that truth cause you to wonder?  Why?  Why die for ordinary “ornery” people? Because of Love….take some to wander under the sky and wonder at it all, wonder at Him!
Here is the link to the song; http://youtu.be/UKp9oWZwVkw

1 comment: