Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7th- Joy to the World (Verses 3 and 4)


Joy to the World
No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;
He comes to make His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found,
Far as the curse is found,
Far as, far as, the curse is found.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders, of His love.


Joy to the World….day 2~ Love these last 2 verses, read them slowly! Oh Jesus was born and what a wonderful day but without His death, burial and resurrection there is no joy!  Apart from His finished work on the Cross, the curse has not been broken and only thorns infest the ground of our lives.  His spiritual blessing cannot flow apart from Him.  Oh Joy to the World He came to pay the price for our redemption and He paid it in full!!
He rules and He reigns…I know it doesn’t look like it and I know it doesn’t always feel like it but it is true.  He rules the world with truth and grace.  The wonders of His offered love are truly amazing!  John the beloved disciple, the one who was the closest of all Jesus’ earthly relationships saw Him. 

Revelation 1:12-18
 12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; 13 and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. 15 His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. 16 In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.
17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

This is our Jesus who rules and reigns!  Joy to the World! 

Here is a link to the song J  http://youtu.be/cnsk7iXFCtY

1 comment:

Amy said...

No more let sins and sorrows grow,
Nor thorns infest the ground;

How do we deal with the sin, sorrow, and thorns in our lives. Let's deal with them as He did - the cross. I need to walk in the Spirit and not my flesh. I need to stay on the cross because it dealt with the sin, sorrow, and thorns. Thanks, Mandi, for posting the words. They hit me differently when they aren't accompanied with the music. Makes me think :)