Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3rd- Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus (verse 2)

Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus

Born thy people to deliver,
born a child and yet a King,
born to reign in us forever,
now thy gracious kingdom bring.
By thine own eternal spirit
rule in all our hearts alone;
by thine all sufficient merit,
raise us to thy glorious throne.

This is a great song!  Today is verse 2 J  Read it and ponder. 

A child and yet a King.  King of Kings and Lord of Lords…every knee will bow someday to Jesus.  Jesus told Pilate in John 18:33-37;

33 Therefore Pilate entered again into the Praetorium, and summoned Jesus and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered, “Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about Me?” 35 Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Wow…everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.  Truth is; we need a rescue from the King. We need what Pilate handed Him over in this world to do; to die, be buried and raise again….conquering King!   We need Him to; “By Thine Own eternal spirit rule in all our hearts alone”.  His Kingdom is not of this world and, in Him, neither are we.  As He rules and reigns in us, who are His children, we become the hands, feet, voice, and touch of Jesus bringing His message here…the message of Truth.  Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus!  Come….

 Here is a link to the song;  http://youtu.be/xal35DgmSUs

 

No comments: