Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Hate Laundry!

Laundry. I hate it. I don't hate a lot of things in life...I can handle doing the toilets, I can even do the dishes with some gusto, but laundry, I hate. Currently, at this very moment I have a mound (and that is putting it lightly) right beside me....needing to be folded, please don't tell my Mom. As I sit...typing away, the mound seems to grow in my peripheral vision. Laundry.

Life can be kinda like laundry. Problems- big and little, fears- big and little, sin- big and little. You pick, any of these things can mound up and get out of control. Our peripheral vision as well as our straight ahead vision can get pretty blurred with the laundry of life and if left unattended...wow, what a mess.

So, how's your walk with the Lord going...are you doing the "Laundry" with Him or are you letting it get piled up and out of control? Are you overwhelmed? If you're at all like me with my real laundry, at some point I don't even want to try. Why bother? It won't ever be done! If I'm not careful, that kind of attitude can spill on into my spiritual life too.

I love the book of Hebrews,especially how Jesus is explained in His role of Great High Priest. He is above all. He is "greater than" the angels, Moses, the law, any priest, any sacrifice...HE went to the better and greater place and we have access to Him at all times.


"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in the in the of need." Hebrews 4:14-16


Let the Lord do your "laundry" today....don't get overwhelmed, don't try to hide it (I've been known to move the real laundry from room to room or shove it in the closet! Then again, I can try to do that with my spiritual laundry too!)...He knows how to deal with it and finish the job. Draw near to Him, you will find nothing but grace and mercy to help in the time of need and One Who understands your weaknesses... Do your spiritual laundry today. I'm off to do mine...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know that you hate laundry... and that fact is all the more important to the fact that you need to fold the laundry and not shove it in the closet. if you do just shove it away then it just piles up and you feel even more overwhelmed... i like the comparison a lot and i feel that you have some very interesting topics on this page... God bless... in Him jesusfrk1