Monday, September 22, 2008

I feel sad.

I just feel sad. Sick and sad because of "drama", sick of the lack of peace and unity in the Body of Christ. Sick of myself and my worry issues. Sick and sad. I could go on and on...I know, you are so thrilled. Why is it just so difficult sometimes? My heart is so heavy, a little sick and yes...sad.

I'm having real trouble looking up and catching a glimpse of the Big Picture of Our God. Why doesn't the gospel of Jesus Christ "look like" it works in so many Christians lives? In my life? Honestly, so often it seems to "look like" just another option..and a not very effective one ,at that. Kinda like the latest diet thing on the market...that may or may not work. Sometimes I feel I/we treat the ministry of the Holy Spirit under this New Covenant just like that...optional and no real guarantee that it works.

Jesus said it works. Spend some time in John 17 today. This is Jesus' "High Priestly" prayer right before He goes to Calvary. He prays for them, He prays for us. He prays for protection. Truth. Unity. Oneness. To be with Him. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is like the "glue" of the Body of Christ. The "glue" that the Body is going to be held with. The Holy Spirit is the common denominator every believer had. It works. He works. It is working...He is accomplishing everything He said He did and will. He is in control. The question for is...am I being Spirit led? My flesh is so strong sometimes, OK most of the time but my old man died at the Cross.

Galatians 2:20 " I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me...I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law than Christ died needlessly."

Righteousness comes thorough the finished work of Jesus and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. So again, am I being Spirit filled and led? If I was, I wouldn't feel so sick and I would be able to operate in the realm of reality, the reality of Hope- confident expectation. So now I'm repenting and looking at the finished work of the Cross and yeilding to the Spirit Who sealed me.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, beloved, take heart! The Body may not look as though it is working as one, but I see a great big God working through believers like you! I see seeds being sown, and people coming to Christ, and love being poured out. I see hearts of stone being replaced with hearts of flesh. I see healing all around, because our King is a GREAT BIG GOD! "...he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Mandi Cornett said...

Thanks Jennifer...thank you for sharing what you see, sometimes I get a bit of tunnel vision! It is a choice to look up...and He is working. I do choose to look up. love you.