Thursday, September 18, 2008

Redeeming God...

Our God is a God who redeems all things. All things. Do I really believe that? Honestly, it certainly doesn't look like it sometimes and so I struggle. I just love the book of Habakkuk. If you have some time read it...it's short.

Habakkuk was an Old Testament Prophet to the Southern Kingdom of Judah and he had a conversation with God, we get the privilege of reading it...if you read it just look for the exchange of conversation. They go back and forth.

Habakkuk just can't wrap his mind around the fact that God was raising up a nation for the purpose of destroying His nation, Israel. How could that be? What about me? How is that good? It was going to happen...period. How was Habakkuk going to respond? How do you and I respond when things seem very much like God is not in control or He is at least "asleep at the wheel"?

Habakkuk 2:3,4 "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come,it will not delay. Behold, as for the proud one, his soul is not right within him; but the righteous will live by his faith."

What choices do we have? Two. Pride or faith. Pride doesn't always look like we might think, I believe at its root, pride is simply "all about me". It can be pretty, ugly, vain or insecure...it can look so different for each of us but really our pride is just "all about me".

Faith on the other hand, is all about God. He is Who He says He is. He has done what He has said. He is working. He is good. He is able. He is enough and so much more. So, how do I live when all looks bleak or for crying out loud when all is peachy? How do you choose to live, when God may seem to be distant....He is Redeeming, all things for our good and His Glory. The righteous will live by their faith- faith in Him. How are we walking today? By faith, sight, emotion or all of the above? Yep, me too.

Striving to be found walking by faith....and actively amputating the "all about me" pride(I get pleanty of chances!) .....and looking to Our Redeeming God...

No comments: