Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What did you see at the Pole?

"See you at the Pole"...if you have no idea what I am talking about let me fill you in...this is a once a year event for kids in the public schools (maybe all schools, not sure) . On the fourth Wednesday of September kids meet at the flagpole all around this country to pray. Wow.

Well, I'm still in my jammies and I have to leave to teach in 30 minutes but I have to tell you, I just got back from seeing what was at the Pole (yes, in the car in my jammies) . What I saw was beautiful and made me cry. I saw probably 6-10 middle school kids at each of the middle schools and I saw what looked to me like at least 100 students at the High School.

Do you know what I saw at the Pole? Part of the next generation of the Church of the living God, which is the pillar and support of truth (1 Timothy 3:15) in their generation...What I saw was so beautiful. What are we investing in this next generation? Love for the lost? Love for the Word? Love for Jesus? Love for righteousness and Truth? A small part of this next generation of what the Body of Christ will look like....some of them were at the Pole.

Off to take a shower...I'll come back to all this later! :) Back now. :) Well the count I heard was...Boston 14, Kesling 12, and Laporte High 137. Wow. Amazing. May these kids all grow up to stand firm on the Truth. May they grow into fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ. May they lead their generation in Truth and Love. Oh...what is this generation following? What am I teaching them? How about you? They are all seeing this generation of the Church....what are they seeing? What I saw at the Pole was a glimpse of what the Lord wants to do in the next generation.

No comments: