Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where are you looking?

Where are you looking, these days? There is a lot going on in our world, nation and I dare say...there is a lot going on in most of our lives. This week alone I have heard of at least 6 very serious life changing illnesses, 3 ugly and huge family dramas, and a host of other messed up things. So where do we look?

I've been thinking about 2 phrases which compose actually philosophies of dealing with life and issues; "the grass is always greener" mentality or the "someone always has it worse" mentality. Do those mentalities really work? Where do these philosophies really point? Is the grass truly greener or is it the perpetual crisis of "fence hopping" to get to the never-ending, ever greener pastures? Does the fact that some one does always have it worse than me really solve the heaviness of heart and give me hope?

Tonight, as I think on this, I am reminded...Jesus is the Great Shepherd who knows where the grass is most plentiful..there really is no greener pasture and no matter how much worse another sheep seems to be, Jesus is the only One Who is the Shepherding Healer, the True Caretaker.

Where do I need to look these days and every day until I go home? To Jesus and to Him Alone! Where are you looking? Where do you tend to look? Do you tend to look at another pasture or at another sheep? Me too, keep looking at Him.

No comments: