Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shocker...2 hr. delay.

Well, the morning, we had the first of many snow-related 2 hr. delays for school. Shocker. The snow has hit and it's only November 18th! Here's the deal with 2 hr. delays, you wake up and don't know what you are going to get and then it's only a 2 hour setback. Simply put, it messes with my day. It throws me off. It messes with my mind, it messes with my plans. 2 hours delays.

Does life ever seem like it has its share of 2 hour delays to you? Or does it sometimes seem like God is just in a unexpected delay pattern, due to some sort of "weather" situations? Does life ever mess with you and leave you out of sorts, with plans delayed? Praise the Lord, He is not like the school board! (Hey now, I'm not trying to be mean to the school board!) I'm reminded of this Truth. God is always on time. There are no delays from His Perspective. My perspective says..."Why the 2-hour (or 2 day, 2 month, how about 2 year...you get it) delay? Why is this? The 'weather' doesn't seem so bad. Why does it seem like the Lord is waiting...delaying?" Maybe I do treat the Lord like the school board!?

Isaiah 26:3,4 says, "The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock. "

So, as I'm experiencing my "2 hour delays" from the Lord I can have peace, as I trust Him. He is on time. He is unmovable, even in our "weather". He is the Rock. He's not messing with my mind or my life. Wow. Whole new perspective on those delays and maybe I should stop judging Him like I do the school board? He sees all the roads and what is safe...He knows what He's doing and what He is "delaying" and it is not His Purposes!



No comments: