Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Windy day...

Boy, today sure was a windy day. If you looked around or if you were out in it, EVERYTHING was blowing. It reminded me of me and of an exhortation in;

Ephesians 4:14-16 “ As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.”


I had a childish moment today (ok, a series of moments) and was carried away by a “wind” of doctrine that sent my “windy” emotions flying about! It was not pretty. Then John spoke the Truth in love to me, and it calmed my “windy” emotions and brought my thinking back into a correct line about a particular faulty pattern of thinking/teaching.

I’m thankful for him and for the body of Christ. I’m thankful we are called to grow up into maturity in Christ. I’m even thankful for “windy” thinking and emotions…it is another opportunity to grow up. If we never see how childish we can be, we just stay content with being a child. Faulty thinking is deceptive…so I’m thankful to see it! Windy day….outside and inside, but good. He is good- Thank you Lord for growing us up.

No comments: