Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm tired of fighting...

I’m tired of fighting, everything. My flesh, this world, this world system…I’m tired of fighting people and philosophies. I’m just plain tired. Do I need to say more?

Why does it seem like this time of the year, the supposed “most wonderful time of the year” seems to be filled with more internal fighting each year? I just don’t get it! I want to just be at ease and go with the flow and be happy, for crying out loud- "it's the most wonderful time of the year!" or is it? Instead I just feel an inner turmoil- I’m fighting.

Is it my expectations? Or lack of them? Ok, realistically, I don’t think I ever struggle with LACK of expectations! I’m really not trying to be a total scrooge but is it horrible that I just want the holiday’s to be over!? Don’t tell my family!

SOOOOOOO, as I’m purging here, I realize how much of a perspective shift I need. How much I need to continue, even in ALLLLLL the busyness, to look up! To live up. Or should I say, because of Ephesians 2:6 where Paul says, as believers we are “seated in the heavenly places, In Christ”…I need to live looking down.

I need to live, by faith, where in reality I really am- in Him, in the heavenly places. I guess that does give me a much bigger perspective about this fighting feeling, huh? It gives me a bigger perspective, in general. Thank you Lord.

No comments: